OUR FOUR-STAGE COLLEGE PROCESS
Increase the chances of a positive college outcome for you and your family. Once you have completed your Focus Meeting, begin your college journey by following our comprehensive college plan. We’ll be with you every step of the way.
Stage 1: College Preparation
- Select high school coursework that will challenge you and prepare you for the future.
- Participate in extracurricular options that can lead to self-discovery.
- Create an optimal standardized testing plan that considers your schedule and preparation.
- Understand your aptitudes and interests through a comprehensive YouScience Career Assessment.
Stage 2: College Selection
- Identify and prioritize preliminary selection criteria based on academic, social, and financial fit.
- Use resources to assess colleges against those three areas of fit.
- Discover additional colleges that align with your dreams.
- Gain research skills that will help you not only get to college but also be successful getting through college.
Stage 3: College Applications
- Develop key messages that highlight your story for your college applications.
- Plan an appropriate application timeline.
- Learn a 3-draft process for writing essays.
- Write college essays that enable an Admissions Committee to know you beyond your grades and test scores.
- Create a resume that shows off your strengths.
- Go into college interviews with confidence.
- Complete a cohesive college application.
Stage 4: College Decisions
- Select your college after reviewing factors of importance to you, including out-of-pocket costs.
- Launch into college with intention after our College Success Meeting.
Ready to Take Your Next Step?
Identify the colleges that are the best fits for you and put your best foot forward when applying to them. Learn more about the first step in our process, the College Select Focus Meeting, or schedule your Focus Meeting today.